Skip to content
Special Educational Needs & Disability Information, Advice & Support Service

Disagreements and Complaints

If you have a concern, the first step would be to raise this with the service provider. Ideally you will be able to resolve this informally.

However, if you have not been reassured by their response, you could make a complaint.

The following services can help you to prepare for a conversation or with writing a letter of complaint:


The NHS Feedback and Complaints Procedure

Many concerns can be resolved by giving feedback directly to the provider, such as a hospital or GP.  You may also wish to provide feedback about what has worked well in your experience with the NHS.  However, if your issue is not resolved, go to the NHS page to give feedback or make a complaint where you can choose from the following categories:

  • Give feedback about the NHS website
  • Give feedback about an NHS service
  • Make a complaint about an NHS service