Disagreements and Complaints
If you have a concern, the first step would be to raise this with the service provider. Ideally you will be able to resolve this informally.
However, if you have not been reassured by their response, you could make a complaint.
The following services can help you to prepare for a conversation or with writing a letter of complaint:
- Healthwatch Southend (health and social care consumer champions)
- Most hospitals have a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) They provide confidential advice, support, and information. This is available to patients, their families, and carers. Contact the hospital or visit their website for more details
- SOS Advocacy Hub offer advocacy services in Southend
The NHS Feedback and Complaints Procedure
Many concerns can be resolved by giving feedback directly to the provider, such as a hospital or GP. You may also wish to provide feedback about what has worked well in your experience with the NHS. However, if your issue is not resolved, go to the NHS page to give feedback or make a complaint where you can choose from the following categories:
- Give feedback about the NHS website
- Give feedback about an NHS service
- Make a complaint about an NHS service