Skip to content

Reaching an Agreement

When other people are involved in the process of making decisions about the future of your child, there may be times that you might disagree with some of the decisions. You might be unhappy about some of the choices that have been made on your child’s behalf.

The first step to resolving any disagreement is to talk to the other party. You should explain your concerns and see if you can come to an agreement that suits you better. If after a meeting your concerns have not been resolved, you may want to consider other ways forward to resolve the situation.

Methods include:

  • making a formal complaint
  • requesting disagreement resolution
  • requesting mediation
  • making an appeal to the SEND tribunal