Skip to content

Local Social Care Providers

If you require urgent support and are concerned for the welfare and safety of any child or young person

Please call:

  • The MASH team at Southend Council on 01702 215007 during office hours. 
  • Emergency Duty Team on 0345 6061212 for outside of office hours.

 Early Help Family Support Service (EHFSS) Southend

Early Help is a service that provides families with support when additional needs are identified. This will help to access the right service when needed.

They understand that all families are different and can face many challenges. Sometimes it is difficult to know which way to turn. They can offer advice and guidance on what may help. They can help to:

  • raise young people’s aspirations and achievements
  • ensure they have the opportunities they need for inclusion
  • facilitate their participation in decision making that affects their lives
  • strive for excellence in the services they provide for them

Ways they can help:

  • Provide access to the correct health services for your needs
  • Improve family and wider relationships
  • Offer parenting advice and guidance
  • Improve attendance and achievement in school
  • Give information about work and benefits
  • Offer support for substance misuse
  • Provide access to community services


Children With Disabilities Team (CWD) Southend

Social Care services for children and young people with disabilities in Southend are provided by:

  • Children with Disabilities Team (0-18 Years old)
  • Adults and Community Services (18 plus years old)

They provide support to children and their families and young people with disabilities such as a:

  • hearing loss
  • visual impairment
  • significant communication difficulties
  • severe learning disability
  • moderate learning disability where there is an associated syndrome
  • physical disability
  • chronic or life-threatening illness (i.e. a degenerative or terminal condition)

You can visit Southend’s Local Offer, if you would like more information about:

  • Children with Disabilities team
  • Social Care complaints procedure
  • Personal Assistant Register
  • Short Breaks Grant

Targeted support can be accessed without referring to Social Services.  This can be done by completing an Early Help Assessment with one of the following:

  • A health professional
  • A school SENCO
  • A person responsible for additional needs at college